Friday, September 15, 2006

Still A Million Dollars Short Of Being A Millionaire

I had intended today's post to be about my experience auditioning for the Pop Culture Week edition of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire." I was going to talk about the fact that I was the oldest person on line or about the intense security to get into the ABC cafeteria or the Peter Jennings table tents or the weirdos sitting and the table with me. I had something to say about the jerk across from me who, after finishing the 10 minute, 30 question test looked at all of us and said, "well that was easy." I was going to talk about the interview process and everything. But I can't.

At 5:00, the introductions started. We filled out our little Scantron sheets (remember those things?) and were reminded how to fill in the tiny rectangles. The tests were computer graded on the spot. And I failed. By 5:20, I was on my way to Port Authority to catch a bus home. It all happened so fast.

Well, I do have to say that my intensive knowledge of popular culture is limited to older, more obscure stuff. There was a question about "Desperate Housewives", which I don't watch, and some celebrity questions about Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher and Tom Cruise and stuff. And I really don't care about them so I haven't been paying attention. So I blew my chance at $1,000,000.

Oh well. At least I got to keep the official "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" pencil. How sweet is that?

No comments: