Friday, February 11, 2011

Virginia is for lovers...of miles and miles of traffic




It took 2 hours to drive the 60 miles from the northern border of Virginia to this spot halfway to the southern border. An hour and 45 minutes were spent getting to Fredricksburg.

The time spent in Delaware made getting through DC by 4 almost impossible. Lord knows I tried, now that I was driving. The dog still has no interest in the cage. I guess I wouldn't either but therein lies the difference between dogs and people. I have a choice. The dog doesn't. Having said that, he has learned that all it takes to escape the cage is a nice, stinky crap. They grow up so fast...



So we're headed down 95 and Jeremy tells me to take the Baltimore/Washington Parkway. Expressway. Whatever. He says it's better. He was wrong. In fairness, 95 wasn't much better. Rush hour on a Friday. Or was it? No, traffic picked up once we passed the accident on the shoulder. We were crawling along so everyone could get a look. SUCKED!!!!



But things were moving in Virginia but that was short-lived.
We noticed that while we were mired in bumper-to-bumper traffic, there were these virtually empty lanes just across the barrier.

YouTube Video

We couldn't figure out how to get there or how we could have missed the entrance. But it was pissing us off.


And as the sun set, the traffic started moving and I started getting drowsy. And that's my story as of now.

Back in the car, I'm in the front seat and the dog is in the cage, making a lot of noise. We're trying to wait him out--Ferberize him, so to speak.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Madison,United States

No comments: