Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Not Too Late!

No Name Calling Week started a couple of days ago and I've been so wrapped up in work that I almost missed it.  Thankfully, it's a whole week and not just a day or I'd be calling myself some choice names.

I took this picture in the children's section of a Barnes and Noble in Paterson.  Grown men taking pictures in the kids section of a bookstore...I may be on a list now.

So how are you celebrating?  Did you even know about it?  I've been getting a bunch of offers on Facebook to "like" special days.  Who's making this stuff up?  Penguin Day was a few days ago.  It was "Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector" Day on the 24th.  There are tons of these moronic "holidays" on this site.  Some of them seem worthwhile.  Most of them seem goofy.  How does one go about getting a special day recognized?  Can I just make one up and have it become real just because I say it is?  Maybe I'll establish today as "What The Hell Is With All These Crazy Holidays" Day.  Actually, I'll wait until tomorrow.  It's too late in the day right now and I'd hate for people to miss out on a full day of celebrating.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the 31st.  Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day.

No comments: