Sunday, January 09, 2011

Paging Dr. Geritol

It's official. I'm old.

Most people can't pinpoint the exact day it happened but for me, it became official on January 8th. That's the day I went to see a podiatrist for the first time.

My right "great toe" (as the doctor called it) has been bugging me for a few months but it's not a constant pain so, like most men, I chose to ignore it. But it's annoying so I got some local podiatrist to take some x-rays to see what's what.

Osteoarthritis.

I figured I had at least another 30 years or so before I developed osteo anything. But now I have low grade osteoarthritis. It's not debilitating yet so in the meantime, I can get custom-fitted orthodics! Yay! I hope they come with a coupon for early bird dinner at the Red Lobster! I feel like I'm one (painful) step away from support hose or something.

I should probably consider myself lucky. I lasted longer than some. I have less ear hair than other people my age. I think. There are other treatments and therapies available. I just can't I remember what they are. Bad memory. I guess I really am old.


No comments: